What is physiotherapy?
Physio therapy is a hands-on type of healthcare that uses movement and function to help people recover from injury, reduce pain and stiffness, and increase mobility. Physios work closely with their patients to identify and provide ongoing treatment for movement and mobility problems. The problem may have been present from birth, or acquired through an injury, accident or life-changing event.
Physio is underpinned by scientific and medical knowledge. Treatment plans vary from person to person, depending upon your lifestyle, physical activities and general health.
How we help
At 3Ways, we offer physio for adults and children with wide-ranging health concerns, from back pain to a dislocated shoulder. Our physiotherapists are trained to assess and diagnose your condition, and follow-up with the necessary treatment plan that’s tailored to your needs. Our physios use a range of different treatments themselves, and sometimes recommend complementary therapies.
Some common physio practices include:
- Exercise programs that improve mobility and strengthen muscles
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation, reducing pain and stiffness
- Airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
- Assistance with the use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs
- Referring patients to massage and acupuncture treatments